Living a healthy lifestyle with a clean diet and plenty of rest and exercise is the best way to improve your hair, skin and nails. But, if you’re looking for natural ways to boost your beauty routine, there are plenty of simple ingredients that you can find at home to help. We’ve rounded up 10 of our favourite DIY natural beauty hacks that you can add to your daily routine.
Baking Soda Teeth Whitening
Thanks to its alkaline properties, baking soda is one of nature’s best weapons for removing acidic-based tooth stains. You can create your own teeth whitening formula by mixing baking soda and water, or opt for a gentler ready-made baking soda toothpaste like our RoseBlanc Natural Teeth Whitening. Our formula is powered by plant extracts, oils and baking soda which effectively removes teeth discolouration caused by tea, coffee and other dark foods.
Coffee Hair Dye
A natural solution for darkening your hair or masking greys is coffee ground beans. Although coffee is notorious for staining teeth and clothing, the natural colouring components in coffee beans make it an excellent natural hair dye.
- Mix conditioner and coffee powder.
- Apply to hair.
- Leave the mixture on hair under a shower cap for 1 hour.
- Rinse mixture from hair with lukewarm water.
DIY Nail Growth Serum
Living a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet is one of the best ways to keep your nails strong and healthy. However, to enhance your nail growth you can also apply a DIY growth serum made from lemon, almond oil and olive oil.
- Mix ingredients in a heat-safe bowl.
- Allow ingredients to warm on a stovetop.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Transfer to a smaller container.
- Apply serum to the beds of your nails using a cotton bud.
Aloe Vera Eye Gel
Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by allergies, lack of sleep or genetics. A natural beauty hack to reduce the appearance of dark circles is to apply aloe vera gel to the skin in this area.
- Blend ingredients in a jar with a lid.
- Gently apply a small amount with your fingertips around the under-eye area.
- Let it sit for 5 -10 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off your skin.
- Pat your skin dry and gently apply moisturiser to the under-eye area.
Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Fader
Stretch marks on the skin can occur if your body undergoes weight loss or weight gain. The appearance of stretch marks can be minimised with adequate moisturising. Rich butters such as shea butter and cocoa butter have unmatched skin moisturising properties. Make your own stretch mark-reducing cream with a natural butter and essential oil formula.
- Melt the raw cocoa butter on a stovetop.
- Allow the butter to cool.
- Add a few drops of your preferred essential oil.
- Once cooled, refrigerate until solidified.
- After solidification occurs, blend the mixture with an electric blender until creamy.
- Store the cream in a reusable container.
Apple Cider Vinegar Acne Serum
Nothing ruins your day like a giant zit. Acne can be caused by a number of factors including clogged pores, hormonal imbalances and stress. Apple cider vinegar contains organic acids that can help to reduce the appearance of scars and kill acne-causing bacteria. Create your natural acne serum with apple cider vinegar and water.
IngredientsApple cider vinegar
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water (use more water if you have sensitive skin).
- Use a cotton bud to apply the formula to the affected areas.
Cinnamon Lip Plumper
The late 2020’s has ushered in a new generation of lip-loving beauty gurus. Many believe the only way to achieve fuller lips is with pricey lip injections, but you can also achieve a gorgeous pout with a natural DIY cinnamon oil lip plumper.
- Mix coconut oil and ground cinnamon into a paste.
- Apply the mixture to lips for 15 minutes.
- Wipe off the mixture.
- Apply your favourite lip balm.
Oatmeal Skin Soother
A simple and inexpensive way to relieve dry skin, eczema and other skin inflammations is to make a soothing oatmeal bath. Not only are warm baths great for relaxation, but oatmeal is an excellent moisturiser with inflammation relieving properties.
½ Cup rolled oats
- Finely chop the oats in a food processor.
- Apply oats to your bath and stir to eliminate any clumps.
- Relax and enjoy.
Essential Oil Stress Reliever
A simple and effective way to improve circulation and naturally reduce feeling of stress is with an essential oil massage. You can make your own massage oil at home with a few simple ingredients.
- Mix the carrier oil with your preferred essential oil.
- Transfer the mixture to a reusable container.
- Ask a friend or family member to rub the solution of your shoulders, neck and back.
Baking Soda Canker Sore Alleviator
Painful canker sores can be triggered by stress, allergic reactions and even some acidic fruit and vegetables. To minimise the appearance and irritation of a canker sore, try a DIY baking soda mixture. Our RoseBlanc Natural Whitening Toothpaste is also powered by baking soda, plant extracts and oils which may help to relieve the discomfort of a canker sore while removing stains from your teeth enamel.
- Mix baking soda in a glass of warm water.
- Swish mixture in your mouth for 60 seconds.
- Repeat 4-5 times daily for 3 days.